Portable thickener mud diver
Mud level, slurry density and suspended solid measurement
PLA’s portable mud diver is a manual submersible analyzer that provides measurement of mud levels/sludge levels and settling zones in tanks in mineral processing plants. The diver measures slurry density and suspended solids.
Benefits and features
- Accurate measurements of the levels and tank profile
- Accurate measurements of slurry density and suspended solids concurrently with just one sensor
- Measurement range 0-200 gpl suspended solids and 1.0 to 2.0 SG
- Data logging up to 1 week of data
- Battery provides power for continuous operations for up to 7 days
- Corrosion and abrasion resistant sensor
- Rugged design for use in hash environment up to 200 degree C
- Weatherproof case
- Easy to use
The portable mud diver is typically used in the measurement of mud levels and tank profiling in thickeners, clarifiers, washers, decanters and CCDs.
This information proves critical when trouble shooting issues in thickeners as it provides an accurate picture of what is happening inside the tank at a given time.
The system uses ultrasonic sensing technology to provide accurate clarity, interface, and mud level readings. The system probe measures specific gravity concurrently with suspended solids.
An optional encoder and PLC can be added to the unit to provide complete tank profiles (thickener mud level and density measurements and suspended solids vs depth as shown in figure 1).
Figure 1. Complete tank profile