AL-CARK Caustic Analyser
Rugged Process Analysers for the Minerals Processing Sector
AL-CAR-K is a ruggedized in line sensor that provides continuous real-time slurry liquor phase density using refractive index. Refractive index sensors are extensively used in many process environments in industries such as sugar, pulp and paper, chemical and food. The AL-CAR-K has been adapted to cater for measurement obstacles which are created by the rigors of the alumina process such as scaling and erosion.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Precise in-line real-time monitoring of slurry liquor-phase density
- Density of the slurry liquor phase is independent of suspended solids or mud
- Rugged probe designed specifically for the Alumina Industry
- Reliance on lab sampling for caustic and A/C control is greatly reduced
- Operators can respond immediately to process disturbances and have near immediate feedback of changes initiated
- Closed loop feed back control for caustic liquor dilution loops is absolutely achievable
The AL-CAR-K is suited for red and white side alumina processes. This product can be used to monitor liquor-phase density in areas such as the Digestion Blow Off (DBO)/Last Flash Tank and precipitation feed to provide accurate and repeatable control point measurements, resulting in large savings in production costs. In applications where the A/C ratio or molar ratio varies significantly, we recommend using the ALCAR-K in conjunction with a conductivity device (AL-DCIK) or periodic lab sampling to assist incomplete concentration control.
The AL-CAR-K is also suitable for measurements of pressure acid leach (PAL) blow off in nickel refining. By monitoring the dissolved liquor components, free acid can be calculated and controlled. This impacts on pH levels resulting in less trace metals in the pregnant liquor as well as decreasing acid usage whilst increasing production with less down time.